How to Write a Problem Solution Essay: Clear Writing Directions
Table of Contents
- Check the Price for an Essay
- What Is a Problem Solution Essay?
- The Key Elements of a Problem Solution Essay
- Problem Solution Essay Format
- The Introduction
- The Thesis Statement
- Body Paragraphs
- The Conclusion
- How to Write a Problem Solution Essay: The Key Steps
- How to Start a Problem Solution Essay: Creative Introduction Ideas
- Great Topics for Problem Solution Essays
- How to Write a Problem Solution Essay: Six Common Mistakes to Avoid
- Get Professional Help with Writing a Problem Solution Essay Today
- What Our Customers Say about the Received Essays
Quite often, students have to write a problem solution essay. A problem solution essay is a common type of writing assignments given to students studying various subjects such as sociology, education, psychology, medicine, social work, counseling, politics and so on. Its goal is to stimulate society to adopt various creative, innovative, sustainable and pragmatic solutions to major or burning issues. Nowadays, the world is facing a lot of problems, e.g. human-wildlife conflicts, climate change, wars, global warming, crime, poverty, etc., and all of them can definitely be subjects for finding a solution. Writing a problem solving essay can be an excellent way to investigate an issue that is affecting the society. Knowing how to write a problem solution essay properly is a vital skill of any student and an integral part of passing any given class or course.
This type of assignment should describe a certain issue and provide possible solutions to settle it. Students have to write a problem solution paper while studying at high school or college. Before writing a problem solving essay, you have to do thorough research in order to create a good paper. A superior quality problem solution essay should provide strong arguments explaining why a certain solution is the best for your specified issue.
Calculate the cost of essay
What Is a Problem Solution Essay?
Are you searching for a clear problem solution essay definition? Actually, a problem solution essay is a type of persuasive writing that presents a certain problem, convinces the readers that they have to care about it, describes the problem in details and then proposes an effective solution to it. Great problem solving essays should be convincing and contain strong arguments and evidence that are the proof that the offered solution is the best one.
In fact, this type of essay differs from persuasive and argumentative essays, since it is focused on arguments and discusses various problems and their consequences. Generally, problem and solution essays are all about finding a solution to a particular problem. This type of essay is much about clear reasoning and persuasion than anything else. Therefore, depending on their audience, the writer is required to think deeply and conduct lots of research. If you wonder “how many words should a problem-solution essay be?” we can say that its length is determined by the instructions and the topic given, but usually it is about 1 or 2 pages long (or 350-400 words).
The Key Elements of a Problem Solution Essay
A problem-solution essay has some key elements.
- First, it must identify a problem.
- Second, it must propose one or more solutions to that problem.
- Third, it must explain why the proposed solution is the best option.
Before you start writing a problem-solution essay, it’s important to understand the problem first. What are the causes of the problem? What are its effects? Once you have a clear understanding of the problem, you can begin to brainstorm solutions.
Problem Solution Essay Format
Similarly to other papers, problem-solution essays also have to stick to a certain format. Like most other types of academic papers, such an essay should have an introductory paragraph, a thesis statement, a main body, and a concluding paragraph. Let us dig deeper into the elements of a problem solution essay structure.
The introduction to a problem and solution essay should briefly state:
- The problem.
- Explain why it needs to be solved.
- A brief summary of the proposed solution.
- A strong statement that sets out the purpose of the essay.
The Thesis Statement
At the end of your introduction, you can ask your thesis question and then give your solution idea as the thesis statement. Here are some tips:
- State your solution clearly in one sentence.
- Usually, your thesis sentence will come after you describe the problem.
- Sometimes, you may not want to state your problem solution essay thesis until after you have shown that the present solutions aren’t working, especially if your thesis is something simple.
Body paragraphs are where you develop the solution to your problem. In a problem and solution essay, your body paragraphs will need to discuss:
- The feasibility of your solution;
- Its potential benefits and drawbacks;
- How your solution will impact different groups of people.
When writing your body paragraphs, it is important to keep your argument clear and concise. Be sure to support your claims with evidence, and always keep your reader in mind. Remember, the goal of a problem and solution essay is to offer a practical solution to a real-world problem.
The conclusion of a problem and solution essay should be concise and to the point. It should restate the main points of the essay and leave the reader with a sense of closure. It will be one or more paragraphs. For an excellent ending, you want to clinch your argument and convince your reader that your solution is the best. Here are some effective ideas:
- Tell the reader what should happen.
- Describe how the situation will change if your plan is adopted.
- Use the end of the frame story to show how the solution is needed or how it will work.
- Give a real-life example or scenario showing the adoption of your plan and how it works.
- Cite convincing facts, statistics, or expert testimony on the solution or the problem.
Get the most experienced writer in the relevant discipline!Hire a TOP writer for $10.95
How to Write a Problem Solution Essay: The Key Steps
The first thing you should do while creating a problem solution essay is to identify a particular issue which will be discussed in your paper. You can brainstorm any possible topics or choose from the list provided by the professor. It is very important to choose the right topic for your paper. The most appropriate topics for problem solution essays are those that can be viewed from different perspectives and also those that are not too broad. Your topic should be the one that can easily present solution to the problem that is discussed.
The introductory paragraph of a problem solution essay has to describe a particular matter and give appropriate background information on it. Remember that you should clearly define your issue as well as consequences of it remaining unsolved. All your main terms that should be defined in the paper have to be included in your introduction. You can also present some historical info that will help readers understand the issue you are discussing better.
A thesis statement can vary depending on the matter that should be discussed. It can argue for the urgent necessity to resolve the issue or it can try to find a solution to the matter discussed. Most often, problem and solution essay argues for the only way out of the discussed situation that can be found. Your thesis statement should be no more than one-two sentence long. It should be provided at the end of introduction and has to state the main aim and objective of the paper.
The main body of your essay has to fully and clearly describe all proposed resolutions to your identified problem as well as discuss all the possible outcomes of resolutions provided. In order to create a good problem and solution essay, you have to present all advantages and disadvantages of each of the solutions that are provided. In case some attempts were made to argue for a single solution to your certain problem, the main body of your essay must lead to a logical conclusion that your proposed solution is the best one available and the most appropriate one. If you are in such a situation, you have to not only state your solution but also explain how it has to be implemented.
Your problem and solution essay should have a call to action. Your readers should have a feeling that they take part in your proposed solution or have to be involved in the process of solving your problem. You have to restate your thesis in your conclusion. You have to also present the future consequences of the problem being unsolved. You have to make your reader interested in solving the problem. A well-written problem solution essay gives the best way to solve the stated problem.
Follow the above mentioned tips and you will complete a top quality problem solution essay that will bring you a good grade and professor’s respect.
VIP support services: extra attention is guaranteed!Hire a VIP support for $9.99
How to Start a Problem Solution Essay: Creative Introduction Ideas
In the introduction, you need to describe the problem and explain why it needs to be solved and then give your thesis solution. Remember:
- If it is an unknown problem, you will need to explain it in detail.
- If it is a familiar problem, then you need to paint a vivid picture.
- In both situations, you will need to convince the reader that it is an important problem.
Here are the creative ideas to write an introduction:
- Tell a true-life story about the problem.
- Give a personal experience story.
- Use a scenario or imagined story illustrating why this needs to be solved.
- Give statistics and facts about the problem which makes it vivid for the reader.
- Do a detailed explanation of the problem with facts that show why it needs to be dealt with.
- Give the history of the situation and explain how this problem developed.
- Use a frame story that gives an example of the problem in the introduction and then a return to the problem being solved in the conclusion.
- Use a movie, book, T.V. story, or news story to show the problem and why it is important.
- Use a vivid description with sensory details that make the reader see the situation.
Great Topics for Problem Solution Essays
When it comes to finding and selecting a topic, try to stick close to home. Think what matters to you personally? Maybe, you are a member of an organization that could use a little change? Or, you don’t experience any specific problem at the moment, but you are certain that you will in the future. For example, if you are entering a college, you will probably have student loan debt in the future. Maybe, you will come up with some effective solutions that the universities or the government can consider.
Here is the list of great problem solution essay topics that may get the wheels turning:
- Endangered species.
- Air pollution.
- Alcohol addiction.
- Credit card debt.
- Cracks in family relationships.
- Bullying in school.
- Overabundance of time spent on social media.
- Teen suicide.
- Violation of Americans’ privacy rights.
- Plastic pollution.
- National debt.
- Illegal dumping and littering.
- Poverty in third world countries.
- Traffic jam.
- Negative impacts of playing computer games.
It is vital to reiterate the importance of a specific problem. It’s the only way you can offer a precise, actionable solution. For example, you wouldn’t want to select the dangers of the online world as a topic. Instead, hone in one one specific branch of the online world, like Instagram or online dating apps. Then, you can provide a specific solution to that specific challenge.
How to Write a Problem Solution Essay: Six Common Mistakes to Avoid
The following errors are common in problem solution essays.
- Confusing problem and causes questions.
- Having too many ideas.
- Not developing your ideas.
- Not developing both sides of the argument equally.
- Not linking the problems and solutions.
- Not being specific enough.
It is common for an essay to consist of a list of problems and solutions without any of them being expanded on or linked to each other. Sometimes, a student will focus on just the problem or only the solution which leads to an unbalanced essay. Both these issues will result in a low score for task achievement. You must choose just one or two problems and pick solutions directly linked to them. Explain them and give examples.
Another serious error is to write generally about the topic. You need to be very specific with your ideas. Analysing the question properly is essential to avoiding this mistake.
Get Professional Help with Writing a Problem Solution Essay Today
As you see, there are plenty of ideas and topics about which you can write a problem solving essay. Also, there are specific tools and tips you can make use of to complete this assignment. But if you lack the time, desire, or skills to do it on your own, the experts at Express-Essays.com will definitely help you out. Our team of professional and highly-qualified writers comprises experts that can do the assignment from A to Z for you. They will come up with a good topic, get your approval of it, create an problem solution essay outline, and compose an impeccable piece of writing for you. All of these will be done right on time and at a moderate price. Hurry up and choose Express-Essays.com for your academic excellence.